Do Not Disturb saw a small change in iOS 12. Rather than being a simple on/off switch, Apple now gives users a few more options when enabling the feature. Follow along to learn how to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12.
How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- Swipe down from the top right (on iPhone X and beyond), or from the bottom to access Control Center.
- 3D Touch or long press on the Do Not Disturb icon.
- Choose For 1 hour, Until this evening, or Until I leave this location. You’ll sometimes see Until the end of this event as well, if you have a calendar event scheduled.
And that’s all there is to it. While it’s not as extensive as some may want (enable on certain days, for example), it’s a step in the right direction. Maybe in the future, Apple will expand on the feature and make it fully fledged. For now, this is all we’ve got.
You’re also able to set a DND schedule in the Settings, as well as use Do Not Disturb during Bedtime to schedule when you’d like to not be disturbed. However, you can enable Do Not Disturb whenever you’d like by simply tapping the icon in Control Center. This will keep it on indefinitely until you tap the icon again to disable it.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.