While not updated often (or ever), Apple gives iOS users an option to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately, unlike Live Photos, you can’t create your own dynamic wallpapers and are stuck with what Apple supplies.
Follow along to learn how to set dynamic wallpapers on iPhone and iPad…
How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- Fire up Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Tap on Dynamic and choose a dynamic wallpaper.
- At the bottom tap Set.
Again, dynamic wallpapers cannot be created on your own, however they are nice. Unlike Live Photos, dynamic wallpapers are continuously moving and move based on the movement of the device.
Dynamic wallpapers vary between devices as well, with OLED devices getting dark backgrounds and LCD devices getting brighter, more vibrant backgrounds. Hopefully Apple adds more dynamic wallpapers at some point, or opens it up to third-parties to allow more customizability here.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
- How to check iPhone storage
- iPhone time limit: How to set a time limit for a specific app on iOS 12
- How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone