Whether you’re new to iPhone or want to learn a new way to use the flashlight, follow along for three ways to use flashlight with iPhone.
There are several ways to use flashlight with iPhone. While Control Center may be the most well-known option, Siri and the Lock screen shortcut on certain iPhones are usually the most convenient choices.
How to use flashlight with iPhone
- Ask Siri to turn the flashlight on
- Tap the flashlight icon in Control Center
- Use the Lock screen shortcut on iPhone X and later
The most convenient way to use flashlight with iPhone in many cases may be to ask Siri. There are a variety of phrases that will get the job done, the simplest is “Hey Siri, flashlight.”
Siri will confirm when it’s been turned on and you can ask to have it turned off with a command as simple as “Hey Siri, flashlight off.”
Another common way to make use of the flashlight is with Control Center. For iPhone 8/8 Plus and older, swipe up from the bottom of your screen and tap the flashlight icon.
For iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, swipe down from the top right corner to access Control Center.
The fastest way to turn on flashlight on iPhone X and newer may be the Lock screen shortcut. You’ll see the flashlight icon in the bottom left corner. Firm press (3D Touch) on it to toggle it on and off.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
- How to check iPhone storage