If you’re looking to free up some space on your iPhone or iPad, deleting apps will likely be the first thing you’d want to do. Follow along for how to delete apps on iPhone and iPad.
Whether you’re new to iOS or are experiencing the pesky out of space error, deleting an app is quick an easy thing to do.
How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- Tap and hold an app icon.
- Once the app is in wiggle mode, tap the X on the top left corner.
- Confirm that you’d like to delete the app.
- On iPhone X and later, tap the Done button on the top right corner. Otherwise, tap the Home button.
Starting with iOS 11, Apple gives users the ability to automatically offload applications that you haven’t used in a long time. In those cases, the app icon remains but you simply get a cloud icon next to the app icon, indicating that the app has been offloaded and that you can download it at any time.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
- How to check iPhone storage
- iPhone time limit: How to set a time limit for a specific app on iOS 12
- How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.