If you’re looking to customize and organize your iPhone or iPad, renaming folders from the defaults that iOS offers is a valuable thing to do. Follow along for how to rename folders on iPhone and iPad.
Whether you’re new to iOS or just haven’t spent the time to tackle customizing folders before, it’s quick and easy to do.
If you’d like to make a new folder while you work on the renaming process, just press and hold (long press) on an app until it wiggles, then drag it on top of another one.
How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- Tap and hold (long press) on the folder you’d like to rename
- Once your app/folder are wiggling, tap the folder again
- Tap the folder field up top to rename and tap done on the keyboard
- On iPhone X and later, tap outside of the folder and then tap Done
- One iPhone and iPad models with a Home button, tap it to confirm the change
Here’s a walkthrough with images for the renaming process:
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
- How to check iPhone storage
- iPhone time limit: How to set a time limit for a specific app on iOS 12
- How to convert a video into a Live Photo on iPhone & iPad
- How to use iPhone with multiple Apple Watches
- How to use Wi-Fi with Airplane Mode on iPhone
- How to turn off government alerts on iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery life