Paper, the popular sketching app for iPhone and iPad, has today been updated with optimization for the latest iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. Starting today, users of the second-generation Apple Pencil can take full advantage for the device’s new double-tap functionality.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
While some applications have added their own in-app settings and options for double-tap Apple Pencil controls, Paper keeps things basic by adhering to the built-in iOS options. This means that double tapping on the Apple Pencil in Paper will perform the action you’ve picked in the Settings app on your iPad:
Just choose the behavior you’d prefer directly in iOS Settings:
- Switch to the eraser
- Switch to the last used tool
- Show the color palette
In case you’re curious, Paper is also updated to take full advantage of the new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro display sizes, meaning there are no black bars letterboxing the app’s interface.
Paper is a free download, with in-app purchases, on the App Store.
- OmniGraffle 3 updated with second-generation Apple Pencil features, more
- 2018 iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard Folio — a big leap from the first Pro
- Apple outlines updated iPad Pro app design best practices in new developer videos
- PSA: This one feature makes text selection on the iPad more usable & trackpad-like
- Review: 2018 12.9-inch iPad Pro: a tamed beast [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.