iHome has today announced two new speaker products with built-in Alexa support. The new vanity mirror includes 10x magnification, Bluetooth speaker, and a USB charging port. The new bedside alarm clock comes with a dimmable LED, programmable smart buttons, and more.
iHome detailed the two new Alexa-enabled products in a press release today. First is a 9-inch, feature rich vanity mirror.
Ideal for a variety of cosmetic needs, the iCVA66 is the new flagship model of iHome’s very popular line of high-quality, feature-rich vanity mirrors. It was designed to easily fit on vanities or bathroom countertops and makes preparing for the day — or night out — a breeze.
Vanity Mirror Highlights:
- Integrated Alexa voice assistant and support for thousands of Alexa Skills
- Full-color LED lighting with high- and low-light setting
- 9-inch double-sided distortion free mirror with 1x and 5x magnification
- 3.5-inch removable 10x detail mirror
- Durable metal construction and premium materials
- Battery-saving timer circuit turns light off after 15 minutes
- Bluetooth audio with speakerphone controls
- Integrated media controls with talk/end button
- 1-amp USB port charging port (charging cable not included)
The second new iHome product with Alexa built-in is the Bedside Clock.
The latest in bedside alarm clock technology, the iAV14 harnesses the power of Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant and delivers it in a sleek and compact alarm clock form factor. Featuring iHome’s proprietary snooze button for Alexa, users can get a few more minutes of sleep by pushing the snooze button or asking Alexa.
Bedside Clock Highlights:
- Built-In Alexa voice and Alexa Skills support
- Programmable Smart Button to access stations, playlists, answer calls, control smart home devices and more
- Dimmable LED clock display with Wi-Fi time sync
- Reson8 speaker technology for excellent clarity and with deep bass
- 6 watts total output
The Vanity Mirror is priced at $180, while the Bedside Clock comes in at $100. Both are available now on Amazon as well as iHome’s website. iHome also notes that both new products work great with its iHome Smart Plug that offers both Alexa and HomeKit support.
While Amazon is adding Apple Music support to its Echo speakers via a new Alexa Skill, support for third-party hardware like iHome is still unannounced and may arrive down the road, if it does at all.