Apple today released the third developer betas of iOS 13, iPadOS 13, macOS Catalina, tvOS 13, and watchOS 6. Read on for a full roundup of all of the changes in today’s new betas.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
iOS 13 beta 3 is available to developers via an over-the-air update. iOS 13 beta 1 was only available via direct download and an iTunes restore, but with the release of beta 2 last month, Apple made configuration profiles available for developers. A new beta of iOS 13 is not yet available to public beta users.
If you spot any changes in iOS 13 beta 3, or the other new betas from Apple today, let us know in the comments below or on Twitter @9to5Mac.
What’s new in iOS 13 beta 3?
- New popup screen for Secure Recordings feature in the Home app for cameras
- Home app has a different transition now when you long press on a tile
- New teaser image for Apple Arcade
— Rubén Fernández (@RubenApps) July 2, 2019
- New animation to show which Split View application is receiving text input
It's subtle, but iPadOS 13 beta 3 shows which app in Split View is actively receiving text input.
Watch the pill-shaped indicator at the top. This has been an issue since Split View launched in iOS 9. pic.twitter.com/VkJyOGFMFh
— Federico Viticci (@viticci) July 2, 2019
- Arcade tab in the App Store shows more detail
- New “FaceTime Attention Correction” setting, but appears only on iPhone XS/XS Max, not iPhone X
Guys – "FaceTime Attention Correction" in iOS 13 beta 3 is wild.
— Will Sigmon (@WSig) July 2, 2019
- “Subscriptions” button moves back to main page of Apple ID screen in Settings
- Redesigned action buttons on keyboard
- New explanation for Headphone Audio Levels in Settings
- Full page screenshots are now supported outside of Safari
- iOS 13 beta 3 isn’t available for iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
- New app animation in tvOS 13:
I like this new app launch animation in tvOS 13 beta 3 pic.twitter.com/3wtGYcaDpj
— Guilherme Rambo (@_inside) July 2, 2019
- Archive button in Mail.app is now purple:
— John Bergmayer (@bergmayer) July 2, 2019
- Emergency contacts are better distinguished in the Contacts app
- New “Me” tab in the “Find My” app
New “Me” tab in the Find My app pic.twitter.com/h8IeB1Yy7q
— Adam Foot (@AdamFootUK) July 2, 2019
- New Noise Cancelation option in Control Center
- Voice Memos on Apple Watch now works with iCloud
- Apple Card privacy on boarding screen
- Opacity option for iOS markup