It’s time for iOS 13 beta 3 — for developer build testers at least. Apple has released the third developer beta version of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 alongside new seeds of watchOS 6, tvOS 13, and macOS Catalina. Apple’s public beta builds should follow at a later date after the latest developer beta has been tested for some time.
Apple’s new software version won’t be complete until the fall, however, so testers should still expect performance and stability issues when running the iOS 13 beta on primary devices. Some early betas tend to have a mix of new fixes and new bugs. iOS 12 had 10 developer beta versions last year, so the third developer beta for iOS 13 is still early.
iOS 13 is currently available to test for free through Apple’s public beta program as well. Apple released iOS 13 public beta 1 last week, matching the developer beta 2 build released a week before. This implies iOS 13 public beta 2 could match iOS 13 developer beta 3 and debut in one week (if not sooner).
Developer beta 2 included support for updating devices over-the-air without macOS Catalina or iTunes.
Curious what Apple’s major software versions will do for your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac? Catch up on 9to5Mac’s coverage below:
- Hands-on with 200+ iOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with 50 new iPadOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Previewing CarPlay in iOS 13: Light mode, new and improved apps, more
- watchOS 6 Guide
- tvOS 13 Guide
- Hands-on: macOS Catalina top features [Video]
Also stay tuned for our hands-on coverage with iOS 13 beta 3 and all the other betas as we dig in and unpack new user-facing changes as well as under-the-hood updates!
Miss all the changes in developer beta 2? Catch up below:
- What’s new in iOS 13 beta 2?
- iOS 13 beta 2 enables SMB Server connectivity in the Files app
- tvOS 13 beta 2 brings Picture-in-Picture video multitasking to Apple TV
- iOS 13 beta 2 adds new Portrait Lighting Control and High-Key Mono effect to the Camera app
- Hands-on with iOS 13 beta 2 new changes and features [Video]