We’re learning more about the iPad Pro after the 2020 refresh debuted today, like its new Magic Keyboard with trackpad being backward compatible. Another neat tidbit is that the 2020 iPad Pro includes Wi-Fi 6 support.
Wi-Fi 6 routers are becoming more common and coming down in price a bit. But up until now, the only Apple devices with Wi-Fi 6 chips that could take advantage of the latest routers were the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro launched last November without Wi-Fi 6 and the 2020 MacBook Air also comes with without the ability to connect with the latest networking standard.
Now, the 2020 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro have landed and it’s great to see they include Wi-Fi 6 support.
The new iPad Pro also includes support for the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS).
Surprise of the day 🎉New @Apple iPad Pro models come with #CBRS support. Dual-SIM. 9-10 hours of battery life. New keyboard with trackpad. LiDAR scanner to measure depth. 8-core graphic processor. Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at $949 📶 https://t.co/KsgIEyj2FH
— celona (@celonaio) March 18, 2020
Read more Apple’s spring launches:
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro with backlit Magic Keyboard case, available to order today
- iOS 13.4 will be released on March 24, new Magic Keyboard with trackpad compatible with 2018 iPad Pro
- Here’s how advanced cursor support will work on iPadOS
- Apple announces new MacBook Air with scissor switch keyboard, $999 price point
- Apple updates Mac mini with double the storage
- Apple debuts colorful spring lineup of iPhone cases and Apple Watch bands
- Apple makes Mac Pro Afterburner Card available as standalone purchase
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.