The new iPhone SE is now available, with the first orders arrive to customers. Even though the iPhone SE features a more durable water-resistant design, you’ll likely still want a case to protect your new device. Read on as we round up some of the best iPhone SE cases currently available.
iPhone SE details
First, a quick refresher on the 2020 iPhone SE. It features a 4.7-inch display with a design nearly identical to the iPhone 8. Instead of Face ID, you get a Home button with Touch ID for biometric authentication. More details on the iPhone SE include:
- Pre-orders start Friday, April 17, at 5 a.m. PDT/8 a.m. EDT
- Delivery starts Friday, April 24
- Priced at $399, $449, and $549
- 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB storage options
- Red, black, and white color options
- Best iPhone SE pre-order deals: Free with trade-in, $50 gift card, more
- How to trade in or recycle your old iPhone and upgrade to the iPhone SE
Now, here are some of the iPhone SE cases that are already available to order for your shiny new iPhone SE.
What about iPhone 8 cases?
First, it’s important to point out that cases designed for the iPhone 8 also fit the iPhone SE, though the Apple logo on the back might be misaligned. This makes sense as the two devices are identical in terms of design, with the major differences being under the hood.
This means that if you already have cases for the iPhone 8, you can use them with the new iPhone SE. If you see a listing for an iPhone 8 case, it’ll also work for your new iPhone SE.
Best iPhone SE cases
Spigen is a longtime iPhone accessory maker, and the company is out in full force with a full lineup of cases for the new iPhone SE. Here are some of our favorite options from Spigen:
Mous makes some of the most unique iPhone cases, crafted from materials like bamboo. Here are some of our favorites that work with the new iPhone SE:
- Mous Limitless 2.0 Leather
- Mous Limitless 2.0 Walnut
- Mous Limitless 2.0 Aramid Fiber
- Mous Limitless 2.0 Bamboo
Moshi’s wide-ranging lineup of iPhone 8 cases will work perfectly for your new iPhone SE. Head below for our favorites, including drop-resistant choices and more.
If you’re looking for an iPhone SE case that’s as thin and light as possible, then TORRAS cases are some of your best options. Prices start as low as under $10 with loads of different color options:
Urban Armor Gear
For some of the most durable cases around, Urban Armor Gear is one of the best options. Here are some of the most popular options for the new iPhone SE:
The iPhone SE features a capable single-lens camera setup with support for features like Portrait mode. If you’re looking to take things to the next level, Moment is offering a collection of accessories for the new iPhone SE:
Otterbox is a household name for iPhone accessories, and they are unsurprisingly fully prepared for the new iPhone SE. Here are some of Otterbox’s case offerings for the device:
- Otterbox Otter + Popsocket Case
- Otterbox Defender Series
- Otterbox Symmetry Series
- Otterbox Commuter Series
ESR makes a wide collection of affordable iPhone cases. These are some versatile options for iPhone SE users:
Totallee is another one of our favorite ultra-thin case makers, though they tend to be a bit pricier than the competition. Here are some of our favorites:
Gear4 is offering a wide selection of premium cases for the new iPhone SE. Here are some of the best options:
Last but certainly not least, Apple is offering its own first-party cases for the new iPhone SE, available in both leather and silicone.
- iPhone SE leather cases are available in three colors for $45: midnight blue, black, and PRODUCT(RED). You can order the leather cases now, with deliveries starting on April 17.
- iPhone SE silicone cases area also available in three colors for $35: pink sand, white, and black. These are available for order immediately, with the first orders arriving on April 17.
Speck is one of our long-time favorite case makers here at 9to5Mac. The company has a lineup of iPhone SE cases available, each targeting a different use case:
If you’re looking for an iPhone SE case that’s as affordable as possible, but also well-reviewed, JETech is one of the best options. Here are some of our favorites from as low as under $6:
Another one of our favorite iPhone case makers is Tech21. As you’d expect, Tech21 has an array of iPhone SE cases that are already available:
Last but not least, Crave is well-known for its collection of portable chargers and cables — but it also has a diverse collection of iPhone SE cases as well:
- Dual Guard Protection Series
- Vegan Leather Guard
- Strong Guard Protection Series
- Slim Guard Protection Series
Smart Battery Case
While Apple isn’t selling a Smart Battery Case for the iPhone SE, the model made for the iPhone 7 does work with the new iPhone SE. The one downside: you lose support for Qi wireless charging. You can read our full explanation here.
The iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case is available in three colors on Amazon for under $100.
Other iPhone SE accessories you need
Other than iPhone SE cases, there are a few other things you might want to pick up for your new device, particularly if you’re upgrading from something like the original iPhone SE or iPhone 6.
- Native Union Drop 10W Qi Charger
- Apple’s 18W USB-C wall plug for fast charging
- USB-C to Lightning cable
- Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter or cable
- Anker PowerCore 10000
Read more about the 2020 iPhone SE:
- Apple officially unveils rumored ‘iPhone 9’ with iPhone SE name from $399, three colors, up to 256GB
- iPhone 6 vs 2020 iPhone SE: Here’s why you should upgrade
- 2020 iPhone SE includes Wi-Fi 6 and Express Card support but skips Ultra Wideband chip
- Download Apple’s new 2020 iPhone SE wallpapers here
- $79 AppleCare for 2020 iPhone SE, $50 price drop compared to iPhone 8
- Apple releases leather and silicone cases for new iPhone SE, priced from $35
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.