Claimed 3D CAD images of the iPad mini 4 supports earlier reports that the upcoming device will adopt a very similar form factor to the iPad Air 2, getting the thickness down from 7.5mm to 6.1mm. A video (below) of the CAD images was posted by @onleaks, a source with a good track-record … expand full story
new iPad Stories August 10, 2015
new iPad Stories October 14, 2013
New renders tease iPad 5 in Apple Store setting ahead of Oct. 22 unveiling
If you’re impatiently waiting to see the new iPad 5 in the Apple Store, your wait is over – virtually, anyway. Martin Hajek has created some new renders that show the new slimmer-bezel iPad 5 in an Apple Store setting.
The iPad 5 is expected to have the same slim bezel design as the current iPad Mini, to be thinner and lighter than the current model, available in the same colors as the iPhone 5s, be powered by the same A7 chip and to have a larger-aperture 8MP rear camera. It’s not yet clear whether or not it will have a Touch ID fingerprint sensor. It is due to be announced on 22nd October.
Rest of the renders below:
new iPad Stories August 28, 2013
The photos are consistent with what we’re all expecting: essentially a scaled-up iPad Mini, with thinner bezels on the sides. The refresh is also expected to use the same film-based touch panel as the Mini, replacing the glass layer in previous full-size iPads, reducing both thickness and weight. We posted photos of what is believed to be the rear casing back in January and the display panel earlier this month. expand full story
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
new iPad Stories July 13, 2012
Target offering $25 gift card with new iPads, $20 on iPhones. Best Buy has everything Apple on sale.
We have seen a lot of third-gen iPad deals recently in 9to5Toys offering the entry-level 16GB model, for instance, in the neighborhood of $460 to $470, approximately $30 to $40 off the normal retail price. Those deals usually go quick, but one big retailer plans to offer a similar deal this coming week. Starting July 15, Target will offer a free $25 gift card with the purchase of any iPad 2 or new iPad. The deal will last all week until July 21, and, as always, Target REDCard users can get an additional 5 percent knocked off their purchase, giving the iPad 2 an effective price of $355. New iPads will start at $450 with the discounts. Find a location with stock here.
Target will advertise the deal in its flyer this weekend, we are told, which features a number of Apple products on its cover (pictured above). Other deals include the 16GB iPhone 4S discounted slightly to $179, a free $20 gift card for the 8GB iPod touch priced at $195, and a free $10 gift card for the 8GB iPod nano at $129.
Additionally, this week Best Buy knocks a few bucks off of just about every Apple product in its catalog.
- Etch-A-Sketch Protective Case for iPad 2 / New iPad for $23 + $6 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- HHI Re-Elegant Stand Case for New iPad for $10 + $3 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Convertible Flip Case For Apple iPad 2 / New iPad w/ $2 credit for $14 + $3 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Chicken or the Egg? ‘iPad Mini’ schematics conveniently appear on web after purported molds leak (9to5mac.com)
- Refurbished Acoustic Research Dock for iPad or iPhone for $40 + $6 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- BenchPrep coupon: 85% off prep courses for iPhone, iPad, Android, more (9to5toys.com)
- Refurb AT&T Zero Travel Charger for iPhone, iPad, iPod for $1 + $2 s&h (9to5toys.com)
- Purported ‘iPad mini’ case mold surfaces, apparently thinner than current iPad (9to5mac.com)