We have just learned that Apple retail stores are having an “overnight” tonight to setup new Express Lanes. Apple has used these express lanes in the past to provide holiday shoppers a fast track to purchase Apple products and accessories. The zone are typically staffed with several Apple Specialists and stock popular laptop models, every iPad and iPod model.
The fact that Apple is using the express lane again this year is a bit interesting because the new Apple Store app was released today, which adds self-checkout and in store pickup.
Alternatively, the brand new Hong Kong Apple store is so busy that it has a year-round express counter (above). Several tipsters have confirmed the overnight and hinted that there may be more in the coming weeks. Don’t get too excited though, this doesn’t mean new Apple products are on the horizon. Subsequent overnights will probably used to install holiday marketing materials; large banners, easel poster, and device screen-savers. Two more Express Lane images below…
- Apple releases Apple Store v2.0 app featuring EasyPay and Personal Pickup (9to5mac.com)
- Apple launching “EasyTheft” and Ship to Store systems November 3rd, holding overnight right now to talk details(9to5mac.com)
- Apple Store Grand Central closer to opening (9to5mac.com)
- Steve Cano to replace Ron Johnson as Head of Retail at Apple? (9to5mac.com)
- Spyshots of the new Grand Central Terminal Apple flagship store (9to5mac.com)
Both images via ifoAppleStore.