Adobe announced a significant update to its Photoshop Touch app for iPad today, with the introduction of version 1.3. Included in the free update to the $10 app is full Retina display support for the new iPad, higher resolutions with support for images up to 12 megapixels, and a number of other new features and enhancements. A full list of features, which include two new languages and effects, is below:
Photoshop Touch can now work with print-resolution images, up to 12 megapixels with several layers. Remember that Photoshop Touch works with up to 16 full-size layers in a single file, all in real-time, in contrast to more simple single-layer apps. The ability to work with multiple layers at such a high resolution is a big accomplishment, and we can’t wait to see what you can create with it. The default resolution is 4.2 megapixels with 10 layers, but you can raise that to 12* megapixels in Preferences.
What’s New in Version 1.3
• Retina Display Support: See your images like never before with the Retina display on the new iPad (third generation).
• Higher resolution capabilities: Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize
• Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker
• New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap)
• New pixel nudging mode for precise movements
• Support for Apple Photo Stream
• Various bug fixes