Pay with Square at Starbucks: We already knew Starbucks was signed up to bring Square payments to 7,000 of its stores via the newly renamed “Square Wallet” app. Starbucks just confirmed in a press release that starting today it will officially begin accepting Square payments via a scanned QR.
Fantastical for iPhone: Those familiar with the Mac OS X desktop version of the Fantastical app will be pleased to know developers Flexbits have announced an iPhone version is in the works and coming soon. The Mac version is a slick, menu bar item calendar app for access to reminders and calendar functions, but also has support for iCal, BusyCal, Entourage, Outlook, iCloud, Google Calendar or Yahoo! Calendar. You can sign up to find out when it becomes available here.
New app releases:
Clear for Mac: We knew it was coming and today the Mac App Store version of the popular Clear to do app for iPhone officially makes its way to the Mac.
Jingu Friends:Originally available as a BlackBerry app with more than a million downloads since May 2011 and 3.5 million messages sent monthly, the developers of the Jingu Friends app have released an iOS version of the app today on the App Store. The app allows you to discover new people to chat with through a lounge environment that “immediately drops you into a global conversation stream where you can listen or participate.” From there you can find out more about the messaging apps participants use:
All messages posted on Jingu Friends are public, but users can take their conversations private through seamless integration into smartphone messaging apps like BBM, Hookt, WhatsApp and Kik.
FreshBooks for iPad: FreshBooks is coming to the iPad today with version 1.1 introducing a universal app that now supports both iPhone and iPad.
FreshBooks – The Fastest Way To Track Time, Organize Expenses & Invoice Your Clients, Anytime, Anywhere.
Pinterest version 2.1: Pinterest is introducing a new feature today that allows users to create up to three secret boards to share with friends and family. In a blog post, Pinterest explained how to use the new feature: “go to your profile, tap on the Boards tab, and scroll down to the bottom until you see a button that says Create a Secret Board.”
• Block or report other users
• Create up to 3 secret boards
• Edit boards from your device
Clear version 1.2: Clear for iPhone gets a big update today that brings iCloud support, the ability to share quotes on Twitter and Facebook, quick list switching, and more:
✭ Clear for iPhone + iCloud
✭ Share Your Favourite Quotes
✭ Quick List Switching
✭ Paste Text as Lists
✭ Send tasks to Clear from other apps
Evernote version 5.0: Evernote already teased the new version 5.0 for iPad and iPhone that is now officially live on the App Store. If you need a refresher, below is a list of everything that’s new in the app:
• New home screen features quick access to notes, notebooks, tags, places, and Premium features
• Create new notes with fewer taps using home screen quick note buttons
• Note list redesigned with new card style to showcase note content
• Added ability to quickly create new notebooks from the Notebooks list
• Places displays notes on a zoomable map
• Evernote Premium view lets you access Premium features and account status
• New unified shared notebook list shows your notebooks and ones shared with you
New iPad features:
• Added notebook stack support in Notebooks view
• List of recently viewed, edited and created notes appear on the home screen for easy multi-tasking
iDisplay version 2.6.6: While the update on iTunes only lists “Significantly improved performance,” we got the details from the developers that also includes updates to the desktop apps:
– Added support for embedded links on app.net
– Bug fixes and enhancements
- Atari’s Centipede: Origins | Free
- Dead Space | 99 cents (was $6.99)
- Sims 3 World Adventures | $1.99 (was $2.99)
- RISK: The Official Game for iPad | $1.99 (was $6.99)
- MADDEN NFL 12 by EA SPORTS For iPad | $2.99 (was $6.99)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas | $2.99 (was $6.99)
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown | $2.99 (was $4.99)
- Meernotes |$3.99 (was $4.99)
- FIFA SOCCER 13 by EA SPORTS | $4.99 (was $6.99)
- Star Wars: Empire At War for Mac | $14.99 (was $29.99)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for Mac | $7.99 (was $14.99)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for Mac | $9.99 (was $19.99)