Gmail version 2.0: Google has just released a major update to its Gmail iOS app, introducing multiple account support, a new look that appears to be partly inspired by its Sparrow acquisition, search predictions and much more. The update also brings interactive Google+ posts support, an infinite scroll inbox, new welcome screen, and the ability to respond to Google Calendar invites. Google walked through some of the new features of the overhauled Gmail app in a blog post noting the app was six months in the works:
Six months ago, our team set out to completely rebuild the Gmail app for iPhone and iPad to give you you a faster, sleeker, and easier experience on iOS. The result? Version 2.0. With version 2.0 of the app, you’ll get a totally new look and feel, plus a bunch of improvements like profile pictures in messages, numerous new animations from swivels to transitions and infinite scrolling in the message lists.
Kindle version 3.5: Amazon previously rolled out its X-Ray feature, which used to be exclusive to Kindle devices, to iOS devices back in October. At the time, it was only making the feature available for textbooks on iOS. Today, Amazon has updated the Kindle iOS app to extend the X-Ray to all books. The update also includes “Manga Image Rendering Improvements”:
• X-Ray for Books – see the “bones of the book”. X-ray helps you learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari.com and Wikipedia. • Manga Image Rendering Improvements
Uber version 2.1.0: iPhone 5 support and localizations:
-Uber app now supports iPhone 5. Also in this release are Dutch localization, and an enhanced look for top riders.
– Added support for Stream Marker – Added Unified Stream option – Added support for img.ly as an image service – Performance improvements for older devices – Better support for image annotations
★ A man, a plan, a canal, Panama! • Look out for check-in highlights under your friends’ check-ins. ★ Go hang a salami; I’m a lasagna hog! • Try some recently opened places nearby. ★ Racecar! • Enjoy speedier check-ins, plus a shiny new check-in screen. ★ So many dynamos! • Search for ‘peppermint’ or ‘cider’ for some holiday treats!
– Want to see the latest people that have joined your city or country? Check out the “New People” view from the menu!
Improved title bar and buttons. Live flight status updates. Better handling of expenses added to closed reports. A crash on startup bugfix that hit some iOS 6 users.
• Inspector Improved inspector on iPhone that no longer covers the entire canvas. You can now make changes using the inspector and immediately see the changes on the canvas.
• Dutch Localization MindNode is now fully localized to Dutch.
• Visual Updates New icons in the Tools and Export views to make it easier to navigate the screen.
BBEdit 10.5 includes significant internal and visible changes, including support for Retina displays, user interface refinements, and changes to address reported issues.