eBay’s iPhone application has received a significant update that affects both the user-interface and some core features.
Notably, the application’s interface has been tweaked for simplicity and features an improved bidding process for soon-to-be-ending auctions, larger photo views, and the ability to checkout multiple items simultaneously in the United States and United Kingdom.
Perhaps the most interesting and handy feature, though, is the ability to quickly sign-up for an eBay account by scanning your Drivers License with the iPhone’s camera. eBay owns high-profile barcode scanning technology, so perhaps that is used to make that new feature a reality. The free update is available on iTunes.
eBay’s (separate) iPad app also got a notable update today: release notes below.
iPhone/iPod touch: What’s New in Version 3.0.0
- New and improved look and feel
– Checkout multiple items at a time with the new eBay Shopping Cart (US and UK only)
– Tap the grid icon at the top of search results to see larger photos (iOS 6 required)*
– Scan your drivers license for fast and easy eBay registration (available in select US states)
– Improved last minute bidding
– Selling support for Spain
– Many bug fixes and enhancements
iOS 5+ is required for this update
*New search results will be available over the next two weeks
- Buy multiple items with Shopping Cart
– Improved photo picker in selling flow
– Faster checkout remembers your PayPal ID
– Photos in search results look even better
We’ve been hard at work on version 2.3 of eBay for iPad and we hope you like it.
New for Sellers:
– Attach multiple photos at once from your photo library
– Easily crop and adjust photos
– Buyer’s name now shown in grid view for quick reference
– Easier to select shipping options in SYI
– “Sell One Like This” button easier to find
– Access your listing drafts right from your homescreen
– View your feedback received on View Item
Improvements for Buyers:
– Easily filter seller feedback by positive, neutral, and negative
– New “Search By Best Offer” items option
– Your Max Bid now included on View Item
– Always want New items with Free shipping? Set your default “Search Preferences” options in settings