Viber-Doodle-iOS-appPopular messaging and VoIP service Viber just updated its iPhone app with a number of new features that first hit Android devices yesterday. The update brings “doodles”, a feature that lets users draw on top of photos before sharing.

Also new in version 3.1 of Viber is the ability to see when a recipient has viewed a message with “Seen” status notifications.

In addition, the updated app includes more emoticons, additional language support, and “Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac.”

A full list of new features is below:

What’s New in Version 3.1

• Send doodles or paint over a photo and share it with your friends!
• “Seen” status lets you know when your messages have been seen
• Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
• Fun new emoticons
• Message performance improvements
• Bug fixes
• Localized to: Croatian, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak and Ukrainian

17 Responses to “Viber iPhone app updated w/ doodles, ‘Seen’ status, new emoticons, and more”

1. Viber Team says:

Hi guys!
    This is a member of the Viber Team.
    Thank you for reviewing our new update, we hope you like it as much as we do! ;)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we’d be happy to assist.

Thanks,
    Viber

2. arayman28 says:

Few hour ago I updated Viber (3.1.0.1585) on my ipad, thereafter it’s not working. I tried to reinstall today twice but no success. Viber pops up with white body and purple top border with no icons or phonebook and then it crashes within a seconds. This started happening after the recent update on my ipad with iOS 5.1.1. Please help!

• teamviber says:

This is a known issue, and we’re hoping to fix it in our upcoming update. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we’d appreciate if you could get back to us after installing our next update and report whether or not the problem has been fixed :)

Thank you!

3. Xin Abina says:

New viber update do not work on ipad. It crashes after the update. Requesting for the new update that works on ipad. Thanks!

4. Hi guys of Viber, I would like to know how to appear offline, without being offline?
    is that possible?

5. teamviber says:

@Xin Abina -

We are aware of this problem, and we hope to offer a solution soon. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

@Angela Lauber (@kerubina) -

Unfortunately it’s not possible.
    However, you can simply turn off the “last seen” option inside Viber’s settings, meaning contacts cannot see when you were last online, but you won’t be able to see it either.

6. I have the new Viber, but the new emoticons dont appear when I select them. Tried to reinstall , but it’s still the same thing…

• teamviber says:

Hi @Stanislav -

There is a known issue with some new emoticons on Viber for Android. We are working to fix it at the moment. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :/

7. Gina Bull says:

On Mac, I want to download the new 3.1 version, so I know when someone has seen my message, is this update available for Mac yet?

• teamviber says:

Hi Gina Bull -

The “seen” status is unfortunately not yet available for Viber on Desktop/Mac. We are considering to add it in future updates, and when we have news we’ll let you know :)

8. VP K says:

I use Viber on iPhone 5…how do i go offline?
    Thank you!

9. Hey guys,
    I’m not able to enable my microphone. Where do I find the link IPhone’s Settings -privacy – microphone-viber-set to ON?
    I can’t find the button ‘privacy’, not in the viber setting, even in the setting from the IPhone.
    It would be very kind, to help me soon.

10. hi is there a problem regarding seen status? coz it always appear seen even the message haven’t been read by the recipient yet? am i the only one experiencing this? thanks and im hoping for a responsible reply

11. Ida Harris says:

How do you logg out of you viber on iphone5S?

12. Hi i have a 5.0 viber in my ipad now i want to update it to The latest version , i need a help.