Popular Twitter client Tweetbot 3 has received an expected 3.1 update with many enhancements. In our review of the application, we noted that it has a great new interface over Tweetbot 2, but it lacked a couple of features from the older version: the ability to adjust the text size independently of iOS’s new system-wide text size setting, lists in the central timeline view, and a right swipe gesture. All three of those features have returned in Tweetbot 3.1, and the new right-swipe gesture can be set to quickly reply to, favorite, or retweet a Tweet…
In addition, the update brings settings to hide timeline badges and select square avatars in Settings > Display as well as a new option to email conversations or share using Storify. The “Last tweet x minutes ago” also returns in version 3.1 under recent images on profiles.
In related news for those running iOS 6, Tweetbot 2 has returned to the App Store with bug fixes for both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.Twitterrific 5, another great third-party Twitter client, was updated last night with profile enhancements and performance improvements.
Night mode will be out soon, there’s close to 1,000 different colors in Tweetbot, its not just a matter of inverting them.—
Paul Haddad (@tapbot_paul) November 11, 2013
What’s New in Version 3.1
– Using a list as your timeline is back (hold down on “Timeline” title to reveal the menu)
– Right swipe to quick reply (short swipe and release for custom action)
– Resize text within the app (Settings > Display)
– Option to set square avatars and hide timeline badges (Settings > Display)
– Email conversations or share via Storify
– “Last tweet x minutes ago” is back in the profiles (under recent images)
– Removed “Retweeted by” string so there’s less chance of truncation
– Lots of bug fixes