Plex, the popular media player for desktop and mobile devices, has been updated to version 3.3 today. The update introduces an updated look based on Apple’s iOS 7 design along with a new media player screen for music and videos. The iOS 7 design isn’t entirely new, but a tweaked version of the existing design. The update also includes miscellaneous bug fixes.

You can get Plex for iOS now on the App Store. For new users, the app is $4.99. Existing users can update to version 3.3 for free.

12 Responses to “Plex media player for iOS updated with new design for iOS 7”

1. LMAO where is the design language of iOS in this update?! those Back buttons are straight up iOS 2.0

2. PMZanetti says:

Are those screen shots supposed to be a joke, or is the headline “iOS 7 design” just inappropriate?
    Pandering for Plex, a total pile of junk software.

3. Ross Kinard says:

Those screens are not the iOS 7 version. I’m looking at it now and the icons on the bottom are definitely the older ones, not the new ones. The Remote/Navigation screens all have a new iOS 7 look too.

4. ctxppc says:

Heh, good one, Mike! I’m already aware it’s April Fools’ Day!

Wait a minute! It’s not April! I have been straight up trolled!

5. coolguyme says:

Those are in fact the updated screenshots though. They also appear in the AppStore.

• Ross Kinard says:

No, they aren’t. I have my phone in my hand and those are most definitely not the Plex 3.3 shots. This and the App Store have older screens, but the software itself is updated.

6. Jonny says:

Those are not the screenshots from the updated version.

7. What a joke! That’s no iOS 7 design. And let me tell you, it’s even more difficult to do it like that when you develop for iOS 7. Unless you are not developing for iOS 7 like I think they did.
    And yes, the screenshots are correct according to the store. However I didn’t download it in order to check it.

• Jonny says:

So why not download it and confirm before going on an uninformed internet rant? The screenshots on this page are not of the updated app.

8. Evan Moore says:

The updated iOS7 design for PLEX includes the transparency effect that’s now consistent across all iOS 7 apps.