The popular password manager 1Password has been updated with one of the most-requested features: the ability to edit entries within the browser extension, 1Password mini, rather than having to use the main app.
It also promises much better matching of logins to subdomains, so that your stored logins should work more of the time. Previously the app would often fail to recognise subdomains as being part of the same site, so automatic login would not be available when you jumped straight to a particular section of a site, forcing you to login manually then create a new entry.
AgileBits describes version 4.2.1 as “a huge update with over 30 new features,” which are detailed below the fold …
- You can now edit items directly within 1Password mini!
- Edit generated passwords in 1Password mini, too
- Greatly improved URL matching makes logging in to sites with sub domains easy
- Configure URL matching for sub domains in 1Password > Preferences > Browser
- Improved support for multiple Chrome profiles
- By popular request, 1Password mini now shows Secure Notes!
- 1Password mini now supports fuzzy search. For example: “oogle” will now return items named “Google”
- 1Password’s AutoSave window will prompt to save new Logins in your primary vault by default
- AutoSave now searches all vaults before asking to save/update new Logins
- You can now choose which vault to use when saving a new Login
- You can now resume editing if 1Password locks or quits in the middle of a change
- You can even switch vaults while editing an item and resume editing when you switch back
- Easily rename tags directly within the sidebar
- Item note editing now supports Undo/Redo
- New Find Backup button allows you to restore external backup files
- You can now restore from a backup when launching 1Password for the first time
- Improved sync performance
- Improved sync error reporting
- Catalan and Danish localization
- Use Go&Fill from the main application even when your browser is not open
- You can now sort by Category in Security Audit
- Improved import from CSV
- Squashed many bugs reported by our awesome customers
Additional changes made in 4.2.1
- 1Password will now display a message when that needs to be unlocked to change sync proferences.
- Improved sync problem notifications to avoid message truncation.
- Fixed crash when setting up syncing on OS X 10.8.5