With Apple’s iPhone SE press event scheduled for this upcoming Monday, March 21st, it’s no surprise that our reports surrounding what to expect at the event make up most of our top stories this week.
We detailed new info about the much anticipated 4-inch iPhone SE’s design and camera specs, pricing for a 9.7-inch iPad Pro to be unveiled at the event, and also gave you the rundown on the new Apple Watch models that Apple is planning to show off.
Apple’s March 21 iPhone SE/iPad Pro event
Apple’s “Let us loop you in” event will take place this Monday, March 21st at 10 a.m. PDT. We previously detailed Apple’s plans to unveil its new 4-inch iPhone SE, a new 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and updated Apple Watch models at the keynote address, but this week we offered some new details including info on pricing and models for the new iPad and the scoop on the iPhone SE’s design and 4K-capable camera specs.
Apple will be live streaming the keynote to iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Window users, and we’ll of course be bringing you our usual up-to-the-minute coverage of the event.
- Coming at Apple’s March 21st event: 4-inch iPhone SE, 9.7-inch iPad Pro & new Apple Watch models (Updated)
- iPhone SE design ‘identical’ to 5s with matte edges, will include 12 MP camera & 4K video
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro to start at higher $599 price, come in 32 GB & 128 GB capacities
- Leaked image of 4-inch iPhone packaging seems to confirm ‘SE’ branding and 16 GB storage size option
- Everything Apple needs to update, but won’t announce at its event next week
And our other top stories of the week…
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 7 with Night Shift, Touch ID Notes, Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, more
- More developers now use OS X than Linux, says ‘most comprehensive survey ever conducted’
- Phil Schiller responds to developer complaints about App Store algorithms broken since at least 2013
- This is what the 4-inch iPhone SE needs (and doesn’t need) for me to downsize
- With iPhones offering 4K video recording, it’s crunch time for Apple’s storage tiers
Apple vs FBI
- Apple engineers say they could refuse or quit if ordered to unlock iPhone by FBI
- Harvard Law professor & former Obama special assistant dismisses FBI’s claims – “the law is clear”
- Tim Cook grabs TIME front cover with lengthy interview on Apple vs. FBI: ‘It’s very much about the future’
This week’s top videos:
- Apple debuts new iPhone 6s ad featuring hands-free Siri with the Cookie Monster
- How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness settings
- Jony Ive talks relationship with Steve Jobs, design culture, more in Charlie Rose interview
- Hands-on: Miitomo, Nintendo’s first iOS game