The Guardian today is running a piece on five ways the new 3G iPhone could change the music distribution industry.
- Unlimited Music downloads on the mobile itunes Library? Maybe not now but soon.
- iTunes is currently in 22 countries. The iPhone will be in many more. Expect Apple to close the gap with many more international iTunes music store releases
- The experience of having a mobile device that can also purchase music in a smooth package is something new and revolutionary.
- Subscription model – not just for unlimited tracks – but also a possible model based on "by musician" type model. Imagine Music meets podcast. Paid subscription. New music as the band produces it.
- It doesn’t stop there. With all of the tools avaialble on the iPhone, you can also mix and record music…or add to your favorites. It truly is a new paradigm – in your pocket.