TidySongs, a popular iTunes organization application, has taken a look at around one million iTunes libraries over the last two years and has reported their findings.
- The number of songs in an average customer’s iTunes library is 7,160.
- The average number of songs missing album artwork is 4,230
- The average number of songs in an iTunes library missing the name of the artist is 490.
- The average number of songs missing track or year information is 1,984.
- The average number of duplicate songs is 814.
It would be interesting to see how many of those 7,160 songs per library are from iTunes, or for that matter, paid for. Remember the average person who needs to tidy up their music probably has more iTunes than the overall average Mac user.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel