Many apps updated, went on sale, or made announcements recently, and 9to5Mac gathered the most noteworthy ones in our regular round up below. Today’s crop includes new games by AOL and Rovio, updates for popular video services and social networks, more notable apps adding support for iOS 6, and huge price drops and daily deals. Per usual, we will continue to update this list throughout the day.
Check them out:
- Apps & updates: Streamweaver, Opera Mini, CoPilot Live, DataMan, Twittelator (9to5mac.com)
- Apps & updates: Netflix, Shazam, Bad Piggies, OmniFocus, more (9to5mac.com)
- Missing all the features of Google Maps? Get them back in iOS 6 with these third-party apps (9to5mac.com)
- App Store updated within iOS 6: new search result layout, Genius recommendations turned on and more (9to5mac.com)
1. Clucks by AOL | TBA AOL-owned TechCrunch unveiled Clucks by AOL today: “A quirkily-named social mobile word-guessing game that (perhaps cynically) hits all the right trends. It uses mobile video via the Viddy network; it’s based on turn-based gameplay a la Song Pop and Draw Something; it offers social graph integration with Facebook; and voice recognition, using APIs from Nuance, the voice company’s first foray into mobile gaming.” Clucks’ website claims the game is coming soon.
2. Camera+ for iPad | 99 cents The Camera+ for iPhone app, which sold over 9 million copies, is now available on the iPad: “Camera+ for iPad takes full advantage of the big screen – combining the professional quality shooting and editing of Camera+ for iPhone with new iPad-only features.”
3. Bad Piggies for iOS | 99 cents The creators of Angry Birds just launched an all-new game from the Pigs’ point of view; it essentially lets users create “the ultimate flying/crawling/rolling/spinning/crashing device and pilot the pigs safely to the eggs.” A few of the key features include:
- 60 levels crammed with flying/driving/crashing fun!
- 30 additional puzzles unlocked by three-starring levels!
- 4 sandbox levels to stretch your creativity!
- Ultra-special, ultra-secret, ultra-difficult sandbox level to unlock by collecting all the skulls!
- 33 objects to create the ultimate machine: motors, wings, fans, bottle rockets, umbrellas, balloons, and much more!
1. Foursquare for iOS | Free Version 5.3 updates the Explore tab with a simpler design and new search categories, such as: friends and top suggestions nearby, specific places, food cravings, places you haven’t been to, places you have been to, or places friends have been. Last night’s upgrade also includes “a bunch of design tweaks and under-the-hood performance improvements (including on your new iPhone 5 and iOS 6).”
2. Fruit Ninja and Fruit Ninja HD for iPad | 99 cents and $2.99 Version 1.8.2 adds free content, such as new blades, extra backgrounds and fresh challenges, and it includes support for Twitter. Both the standard and HD versions received last night’s update.
Support for iOS 6:
1. Netflix for iOS | Free Version 2.4 rolled out today. It is optimized for iPhone 5 with added support for iOS 6. It also features an improved “browsing, searching and watching experience.”
2. Scanner Pro for iOS | $6.99 Version 4.2.1 includes bug fixes and a compatibility update for new iOS and devices.
3. Camera+ for iPhone | 99 cents Version 3.5 hit today with iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support. The update also include new iCloud Sync and Facebook sharing with single sign-on.
2. Real Racing 2 HD for iPad | $1.99 EA Daily Deal is offering this iPad-compatible game at 70-percent off for today only.
4. Tiny Troopers for iOS | Free [tweet https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/251162340643446784]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.