Dr. Dre joined Apple as part of the Beats acquisition last year. Dre’s contribution to (aside from branding) is questioned by critics but fans of his work will be pleased to know he announced his first new album in fifteen years, entitled Compton A Soundtrack. The album can be preordered on iTunes now ready for release on August 7th.
Dre announced his long-awaited new release on his Beats 1 radio show yesterday with rapper and former colleague, Ice Cube. The album will be exclusive to Apple, available to buy on iTunes or stream on Apple Music.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
The album has 16 tracks:
- Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
- Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
- It’s All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
- All in a Day’s Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
- Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
- Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
- Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
- Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
- One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
- Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
- For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
- Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
- Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
- Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
- Talking to My Diary
Dre is describing the album as his ‘grand finale’. Expect Apple to feature the album prominently in the runup to release.