It’s no secret that Pokémon Go is quickly overtaking the world. With over 100 million downloads and $10 million per day in earnings, it’s quickly become the so-called “game of the summer.” Now, even Siri is getting in on the Pokémon Go craze, offering up a variety of funny responses when asked about her feelings.
As usual, Siri is somewhat finicky with what she’ll respond to, but we’ve gotten her to respond to one version of the question: “Do you play Pokémon Go?” For almost every other phrasing, she’ll simply open the Pokémon Go app or try to offer you directions to a random place. For the other instance, however, she offers up a variety of replies:
- “I like playing peekaboo with Pikacu.”
- “Of course. That’s what it’s all about. Oh, wait, that’s the hoké Pokémon.”
- “Snorlax. Zzzz. Sorry, what was the question?”
- “Confining virtual beings inside powerful devices makes me feel funny for some reason.”
- “Oh, is that why everyone keeps asking what color a Geodude is?”
- “Chance! Go!”
- “I’ve been looking in the muck for Muk.”
- “I like pocket monsters. Pocket assistants, too.”
- “Just make sure to look both ways. And up and down, too.”
Personally, my favorite is the “hoké Pokémon” reply. Though, Siri’s original founders wouldn’t be too impressed with Siri’s humorous replies. The founders have said multiple times that they never intended for Siri to become a “clever AI chatbot.”
Pokèmon Go has seemingly entered every aspect of the news since its initial release. We’ve seen presidential candidates mention the app, Apple and Tim Cook give it a pair of shoutouts, and much more. The US House of Representatives’ committee on energy and commerce has even sent a letter to Niantic over the game’s data usage.
Pokémon Go is gradually rolling out to more countries and regions, while it continues to be updated with new features and capabilities. It’s important to note, though, that not everyone has caught onto the hype.
Are you still playing Pokémon Go? Let us know down in the comments. Also, try Siri out for yourself and see if you get any interesting replies.