This week Benjamin and Zac talk about launching sticker packs, the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 pre-order experience, Apple’s iPhone 7 teaser, reviews for all the new hardware, AirPods versus BeatsX, and the release of iOS 10, tvOS 10, and watchOS 3. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- How I made two ridiculous iOS 10 sticker packs for Messages without any coding experience
- Video: Apple releases first TV ad for iPhone 7, teasing waterproofing and dual-camera features
- Comment: Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program looks like the worst way to pre-order the iPhone 7
- Apple adds more iPhone 7 stock for iPhone Upgrade Program, but has limited or no stock for walk-ins
- iPhone 7 review roundup: the verdicts are in, and they are mixed
- AirPods review roundup: weird looks, okay sound, really clever tech
- Apple Watch Series 2 review roundup: ‘It’s all about fitness’ [Videos]
- iPhone 7/Plus pre-orders all-time record, says T-Mobile, shattering iPhone 6 numbers [U]
- Everything new in tvOS 10: Smarter Siri, dark mode, HomeKit, more
- Everything new in watchOS 3: a major speed boost, new faces and apps, much more
- iOS 10 update bricking iPhones and iPads for some users, requires iTunes to restore [Update: fixed?]
- iOS 10 How-To: Hate pressing the home button to unlock? Change this setting on Touch ID iPhones and iPads
- Everything new in iOS 10: New ways to communicate in Messages, Lock Screen Widgets, redesigned Music, Siri apps and much more
- iOS 10: New features that change how I use my iPhone and iPad
- Hands-on: Beats Solo3 Wireless — the first available headphones featuring Apple’s new W1 chip [Video]
- iOS 10: How to use stickers, iMessages apps, Digital Touch, rich links, and more in the new Messages app [Video]
One more thing – Our sticker packs:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.