[Update 1: iOS 11 public beta 1 is rolling out now, but macOS High Sierra may not be available yet. macOS High Sierra public beta is still coming soon.]
[Update 2: macOS High Sierra public beta 1 is officially out now.]
Apple has released the first macOS High Sierra public beta for Mac. This allows users who are not registered developers to test pre-release versions of macOS with new features for free.
Prior to the public beta availability, macOS High Sierra has only been available to test with a $99/year developer account.
macOS High Sierra includes the Apple File System, HEVC support, Metal 2, improvements to Mail, Photos, and Safari, and more.
For more on macOS High Sierra, check out these stories:
- Apple unveils macOS ‘High Sierra’ w/ Safari improvements, APFS, more
- Hands-on: macOS High Sierra’s native eGPU support shows promise [Video]
- High Sierra to be first version of macOS with support for virtual reality
- Apple doubles storage on $9.99/mo iCloud tier to 2 TB, share one plan with whole family in iOS 11
- Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 11, watchOS 4, macOS 10.13, and tvOS 11
- macOS High Sierra developer beta 2 rolling out on the Mac App Store
You can register for the free public beta program here.