This week Benjamin and Zac discuss Apple’s entry in the video consortium behind AV1, iPhone SE 2 rumors and our headphone jack predictions, the need for more robust parental controls on iOS, the future of Apple’s AirPort hardware and selling mesh routers, and Siri’s latest tricks.
New episodes of 9to5Mac Happy Hour are recorded every week. Subscribe to our podcast to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple joins consortium to help with more efficient video compression tech called AV1
- Rumor: iPhone SE 2 will feature glass back, possibly for wireless charging
- Significant AAPL investors put pressure on Apple to add better parental control features to iPhones and iPads
- In response to investor letter, Apple says improved parental controls coming in future update
- Listen to 9to5Mac on the FOX News Rundown podcast
- How to limit adult content and block private browsing in Safari on iPhone and iPad
- Apple now selling mesh Wi-Fi system as AirPort line remains unchanged
- You can now ask Siri about tennis and golf tournament results, as well as player stats
You can also get 20% off all Hyper’s other USB-C hubs with coupon code “9to5mac” for a limited time until January 14.