mophie has today released its newest wireless charger, the Charge Stream Pad+. Coming in at $60, this new offering puts out up to 10W of power, comes in two colors, and features a removable power cable.
We went hands on with mophie’s Wireless Charging Base last October that is sold in Apple Stores. It initially sold for $60, but now with the release of the Charge Stream Pad+, the 7.5W model with fixed power cable has come down to $50.
iPhone 8 and X owners won’t be able to make use of the extra 2.5W with the Charge Stream Pad+, but it’s possible Apple could make that happen in a future update. However, it does come in both white and black.
Here are the specs on mophie’s latest offering:
- Qi certified, delivers up to 10W of power
- Includes 5 foot micro USB cable and QC 2.0 power adapter
- Device over charge and foreign object protection
- Low-profile design with rubberized non-slip TPU coating
- Charges through cases up to 3mm thick
- Fast charge compatible (Android devices)
If $60 sounds like more than you’d like to pay for a wireless charger there are some other great options on the market. Anker offers a solid choice for $26, while RAVPower offers a 7.5W model for $30. We reviewed this $34 dual wireless charger and found it to be a great value.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.