Apple took iPad to the next level with iOS 11. With that are some changes that try to improve your experience, such as Suggested and Recent Apps.
Follow along as we walk you through how to disable Suggested and Recent Apps on iPad in iOS 11.
How to disable Suggested and Recent Apps on iPad in iOS 11
- Head into Settings > Multitasking & Dock.
- Flip the switch for Show Suggested and Recent Apps
And it’s as simple as that. Note that disabling this will not disable the Handoff icons that appear on the right of your dock. This will simply prevent the three most used apps from showing up on the right of your dock.
The dock is a brand new feature for the iPad in iOS 11, it allows users to add more than 6 icons at a time, with the dock shrinking as more apps get added. However, it would be nice if Apple moved the Handoff icon to the left, like it is on macOS.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to record iPhone calls
- How to disable Auto-Brightness on iPhone or iPad in iOS 11
- macOS tip: Use Hot Corners to speed up access to Notification Center, Desktop and more
- How to AirPlay to HomePod without an active internet connection
- How to reset your AirPort base station
- How to backup a Mac to Time Machine with any hard drive
- How to invoke split screen on iPad with iOS 11
- How to set up or recover voicemail on iPhone