Legrand has today unveiled what may be the first in-wall Qi-certified wireless charger. Fitting in a single-gang electrical box, the in-wall Radiant Wireless Charger also comes bundled with a duplex receptacle with USB-port.
The Radiant Wireless Charger is a sharp option to conveniently keep your iPhone charged up while keeping it off of countertops and more. While there are plenty of stand-style Qi chargers on the market, we haven’t seen any in-wall options until now.
- Instantly provides a clutter-free space to charge your phone.
- Replaces any existing single gang outlet for easy installation.
- 3.1A to power any cell phone, tablet or USB device.
- Perfect for new construction or remodel; no need for special wiring.
- Qi certified, assuring a safe, reliable wireless charging experience.
- The radiant® collection offers a consistent look across all switches, dimmers, outlets, and home automation controls
- Includes tamper resistant duplex receptacle with a USB port
Even though the photos show the Radiant Wireless Charger installed in what looks like a two-gang box, the duplex receptacle goes in a single-gang box while the Qi charge just sits flush against your wall. The device replaces a standard, single outlet.
Based on the 3.1A and assuming at least 5V pass through, this should provide up to 15W of power. iPhone 8/8 Plus and X top out at 7.5W, but Android devices should be able to accept more.
The Radiant Wireless Charger uses a clear plastic support piece in front to keep your iPhone from falling. While this can be a bit of a hassle with the gesture-based iPhone X, using Hey Siri to open apps is a good workaround.
You can pick up the Radiant Wireless Charger and included duplex receptacle for $70 from Lowe’s with more retailers likely to follow.