Do you find yourself accidentally changing your ringtone volume level with the physical buttons on your iPhone in your pocket, bag, or purse? Follow along for how to keep your ringtone volume fixed for calls, texts, and more.
The handy thing about this feature is it allows you to keep your ringtone volume the same for calls, texts, emails, third-party apps and more. But it still allows the physical buttons to control volume for music and video playback and any other audio output.
iPhone: How to disable volume buttons from changing ringtones and text alerts
- Open Settings
- Tap on Sounds & Haptics
- Tap the toggle next to Change with Buttons to disable the physical
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- watchOS 5: How to force Walkie-Talkie to re-appear
- macOS Mojave: How to use new screenshot and screencast tools without Grab
- How to fix stuck MacBook and MacBook Pro keybaord
- How to add secondary destinations in Apple Maps while navigating
- How to turn True Tone on and off for macOS and iOS
- How to set 24-hour time on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch & Mac
- How to prepare your Mac for an upgrade to a new MacBook Pro
- macOS: How to set a custom Siri keyboard shortcut
- How to update Sonos speakers for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.