Apple has released the third beta versions of iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1, and tvOS 12.1 for developers. We’ll dig in to the new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV builds and update with any changes.
Changes coming to Apple’s latest iPhones with iOS 12.1 include live preview for Depth Control in the Portrait mode camera and support for Dual SIM with compatible carriers. Group FaceTime is also present in iOS 12.1 beta, a feature that doesn’t require the newest iPhone.
Apple is also testing watchOS 5.1, tvOS 12.1, and macOS 10.14.1 with developers; we expect to see new developer beta versions of watchOS and tvOS today alongside iOS 12.1 beta.
Check out our hands-on video of changes included in iOS 12.1 beta here:
Other changes discovered in iOS 12.1 beta include evidence that Memoji will sync between devices in time for new iPads, evidence that new iPads are indeed on the way this month, and potential hintsthat AirPower is still on the way.
iOS 12.1 will likely be released to all users later this month. Read our October preview for more of what we expect to see from Apple this month.
iOS 12.1 beta 2 included these changes:
- Apple says more than 70 new emoji are included in iOS 12.1
- More emoji details here
- No sign of the new ECG app yet
- Fix for charging issue
- Clicky sounds when not muted on Flashlight and Camera buttons on iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
Check out our hands-on video with those changes below:
- No ECG app on Apple Watch yet, no new complications on Series 4
- Lots of text clipping issues resolved on Apple Watch Series 4
- Top 20+ iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max features [Video]
- Hands-on with iPhone XS real-time preview of Depth Control in Portrait mode
- iOS 12.1 beta 1 enables eSIM functionality, but you’ll need to wait on your carrier
- Apple releasing iOS 12.0.1 with iPhone XS charging and iPad ‘.?123’ key position fix today