Whether you’ve just got your first Apple Watch or want to learn how to check battery life numerically while you’re powering up your wearable, follow along for how to charge Apple Watch and check battery life.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
When it comes to Apple’s products, the induction wireless charging is a bit different on Apple Watch than the Qi-based wireless charging found on Apple’s latest iPhones. The Apple Watch uses a magnetic induction charger, and unfortunately doesn’t work with just any wireless charger.
We’ve also seen the first third-party MFi (certified for Apple devices) Apple Watch chargers become available this year if you’d like to save some cash on a second or third one.
How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
How to charge Apple Watch
- Plug in the Apple Watch charger to an outlet, computer or power bank
- With your Apple Watch facing up, place it down on the concave side of the charging puck
- All done 😄
When it’s charging you’ll see the animation with the and then the docked watch face .
How to see the numerical battery percentage while charging
You can tap the in the top left corner to reveal the battery percentage while it’s charging as shown below.
How to check battery life on Apple Watch when not charging
- Swipe up from the bottom of your Apple Watch
- You’ll see the battery percentage
- Tap it to get the option to enter Power Reserve mode
Don’t forget you can also include battery life in most of the Apple Watch faces as a complication.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
- How to turn up haptic vibration feedback on Apple Watch
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to disable Apple Music listening history on iPhone and iPad
- How to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius on iPhone
- How to use gesture controls on HomePod
- How to customize the expiration time for audio messages on iPhone and iPad
- How to set timers on iPhone
- How to search on iPhone