Apple today released the first developer beta for iOS 12.2. The update is loaded with several new features and changes that are worthy of discussion. Watch our brief hands-on video walkthrough for a look at what’s new in this exciting iOS 12.2 beta update.
What’s new in iOS 12.2 beta 1?
- New Screen Mirroring icon in Control Center
- New full screen Apple TV Remote Control Center interface
- New “Speakers & TVS” in Home app settings
- More detailed Apple Wallet UI for Recent Transactions
- Updated details button in Wallet card UI
- Tap a transaction for more detail
- Card details feature bubbly inset rectangles rows
- Motion & Orientation Data is new Safari toggle in iOS Settings
- Air Quality Index reading in Maps
- Safari warns about websites not supporting HTTPS
- Fill in a search suggestion without submitting the search
- Apple News in Canada
- Keyboard color picker
- Inline Safari music playback
- Album name full song search results in Music app
iOS 12.2 changes and features
Needless to say, iOS 12.2 is a big update with several new noteworthy features. My favorite feature is easily the new ability to input search suggestions without submitting a search. Chrome for iOS has been able to do this for years now, so it’s about time for Safari to implement this feature.
What’s your favorite new addition to iOS 12.2 beta 1? Sound off down below in the comments with your thoughts.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.