The three new features for Spotify podcast show pages are a new design, new categories, and featured trailers toward the top (when available).
The show description now being at the top along with new categories followed by a trailer is how Apple Podcasts is designed. Back in December Spotify also copied Apple Music’s “Friends are listening to” feature.
A refreshed Podcast Show page design
Our Podcast Show page may look a little different, but it’s still got all the features you know and love. The new look moves the descriptions up, so you no longer have to swipe on a show to read about it. This allows for more information about each podcast—and episode—at a single glance.
All new show categories
Looking for a specific genre or type of show? Now, descriptive show categories will be displayed underneath the show description—everything from “personal stories” to “true crime,” “travel,” “relationships,” and more. Simply tap the one you’re most interested in to see more shows in this category.
Featured show trailers
If you’re not one to commit too easily, this next feature is perfect for you. Now, if a show has a trailer “episode” to stream, it will be prominently highlighted at the top of the episode list, giving you a chance to listen to a snippet of the show before diving in headfirst. Get to know the podcast before fully committing—and maybe even fall in love with one you weren’t expecting.
Read more on podcasts:
- How to visualize your Apple Music Replay and Spotify Wrapped year in review stats
- Spotify Tastebuds copies Apple Music’s ‘Friends are listening to’ feature
- Upcoming Apple Podcasts expansion into original content will include companion content for TV+
- A decade of podcasts: Top 10 best shows of the 2010s
- You can now ask Alexa to play Apple Podcasts on Amazon Echo speakers
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.