Alongside the standard iPhone 12, Apple has announced the iPhone 12 mini, the smallest and most affordable of this year’s iPhone line-up. It’s smaller and lighter than the iPhone 8.
Effectively a truly modern iPhone SE, the device has a 5.4-inch display with the same near-all-screen form factor, with a notch …
The compact smartphone has the exact same features as the iPhone 12, in a smaller form factor. The mini is available in three capacities, with prices starting at $699.
The phone has a dual-camera setup, offering wide angle and 120-degree ultra-wide, but lacking a telephoto lens. The mini includes Night Mode on both cameras, including Night Mode Time-lapse. Deep Fusion is also supported.
All this year’s models include both sub-6GHz and mmWave 5G (which Apple calls Gigabit LTE), in contrast with some earlier rumors that the latter might be limited to the Pro models. There has also been speculation that mmWave 5G – which offers the fastest speeds, but only in very limited locations – might be limited to either the US only, or a handful of countries. Apple hasn’t yet commented on this, so we’ll need to await the small-print.
As expected, there is no power brick in the box. A USB-C to Lightning cable is included. The phone also supports MagSafe, present throughout the range.
Follow along in our Apple Event News Hub for all of the latest news today, including iPhone 12 details and more.
- iPhone 12 actually costs $829, advertised $799 price includes ‘carrier special offers’
- As iPhone 12 arrives, Apple discontinues some older models
- Apple Event News Hub – iPhone 12, HomePod mini, more
- Apple announces iPhone 12 Pro with premium design, new pacific blue color, more
- Apple announces $799 iPhone 12: new design, 5G cellular, Ceramic Shield glass, blue color finish
- Apple announces iPhone 12 mini, with 5.4-inch screen, in five colors
- Apple revives MagSafe brand with new iPhone 12 wireless chargers, cases, more
- Apple announces $99 HomePod mini smart speaker, new Siri features
- Here are all the best iPhone trade in values ahead of the iPhone 12 launch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.