Apple has also included a change that will prove valuable to its set-top box users with a seamless double-click now the default to authorize Apple TV purchases on Apple Watch (previously and still works via iPhone/iPad too).
The Apple Watch or iPhone authorization works for one-time purchases and subscriptions inside of the Movies app/iTunes Store, Apple TV+ app, as well as for third-party apps on tvOS.
How to authorize Apple TV purchases on Apple Watch
- Make sure your Apple TV is updated to tvOS 15.4 and Apple Watch to watchOS 8.5
- Double-check password is required for purchases on Apple TV: Settings > Users & Accounts > Pick your account > Required Password > Purchases > Always or After 15 Minutes
- When clicking the buy button for content on Apple TV, now the default will be to authorize with a double-click of the side button on your Apple Watch (iPhone or iPad too)
- You don’t even need to click the “Confirm with Apple Device” button on Apple TV, the prompt on your nearest Apple device will show up automatically after clicking buy
- If you’re not wearing your watch and don’t have your iPhone/iPad nearby, you can swipe down on Apple TV to choose “Confirm with Password” to enter it manually
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials
- Here’s how the new Apple Studio Display compares to the Pro Display XDR and LG UltraFine
- iPadOS now lets any iPad match the new iPad mini volume button orientation feature
- Here’s how to use iPhone’s Face ID With a Mask in iOS 15.4
- How restoring Apple Watch firmware with your iPhone works
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.