It’s no secret that iOS 4.3 hurt battery life for some iOS device users and with Apple issuing a bug fix-filled iOS update today, many have speculated that the release will include battery life improvements. Now that users have had some time to play around with iOS 4.3.1, readers have written in to report that their battery life issues appear to be resolved. One reader let us know that iOS 4.3.1 “significantly” improved his iPad 2′s battery life performance.
I have noticed significant improvement to my iPad 2′s battery life with the installation of iOS 4.3.1! I’m so relieved that the performance I was getting before isn’t its true capacity.
Others have expressed marginal to significant improvement in battery life through Twitter:
- “iOS 4.3.1 was released today, seems like my battery isn’t dying as fast anymore.”
- “4.3.1 update certainly did fix my battery drain issues.”
- “Pleased that iOS 4.3.1 appears to have cleared the battery draining issue. Only gone down 15% in the last 6 hours.”
- “Anyone else noticing significant battery life improvement on iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4?”
- “My iphone is definitely draining battery slower under 4.3.1.”
- “iOS 4.3.1 is out today, it seems to have fixed the battery issue on my iPhone 4.”
It appears that the battery life issue in iOS 4.3 is strictly software related. Perhaps the battery percentage meter is calibrated incorrectly in iOS 4.3 or maybe some background processess are unnecessarily activated. In any case, it appears that iOS 4.3.1 is improving battery life for some users. Did it help you? Use the poll after the break.