A reader sent this in. He was apparently able to make iPad-only GarageBand run on an iPhone 4 using a hack that requires a jailbroken device. It involves transferring the GarageBand application with changed metadata to an iPhone 4 via OpenSSH. “Surprisingly, it didn’t crash as much as I expected it to do”, he writes.
It obviously isn’t the perfect solution because as GarageBand for iPad isn’t formatted for a slightly lower iPhone 4 resolution but it works well enough. Check out a couple of screenies after the break.
- GarageBand Mac gets updated to pull in iPad projects (9to5mac.com)
- Could the next iPhone support all U.S. carriers? (9to5mac.com)
- Leaked T-Mobile iPhone has an A5 chip, might be the iPhone 4S (9to5mac.com)
- Jailbeak News: iOS 4.3.2 carrier unlock, hack makes iPhone run iPad apps (9to5mac.com)
- iPads and iPhones exploding in the enterprise, survey shows (9to5mac.com)