Skype dropped a new Mac Client on us today, a day ahead of the Super “Awesome” Facebook announcement that is rumored to include Skype. New feature
s for the unpaid version include “super awesome” background video chatting control bar. Pony up a few bucks and get yourself up to Windows level (they got a head start on Microsoft tactics!) with Group video conferencing that looks and acts nothing like Apple’s built in iChat group teleconferencing (this was in 5.1Beta as well). Also, screen and document sharing.
The Windows version – just to make sure it is one step ahead of the Mac version – got Facebook integration with the 5.5 update.
If you aren’t still at the standard 2.8 like us, have a look at the tips and tricks to see if you’re a good update candidate (we’re staying put).
We were pretty stoked two weeks ago to see the iPad version demoed only to have Skype go silent on the product last week. We’re thinking it might be happening at the Facebook introduction on Wednesday….about the same time as the Google Plus App hits. Via TechCrunch
- Kinect-iPad combo takes augmented reality to the next level (9to5mac.com)
- GV Mobile+ brings Google Voice to the iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Apple’s new iPad 2 displays are hackable with a few gestures (9to5mac.com)
- iPad is now 100,000 apps strong (9to5mac.com)
- Apple to ship 5 million iPad 2 units this month (9to5mac.com)