Twitter announced yesterday it is bringing Instagram-like photo filters to its iOS application—and now the touted features, complete with editing capabilities, are finally live.
Twitter just updated its app to version 5.2, and the full change log includes:
- Apply one of eight different filters to instantly add a new look and feel to your photos
- Choose a filter by comparing all your options in a convenient grid view or by swiping through each version
- Make your photos pop with balanced light and colors by tapping the auto-enhance wand
- Crop and scale to frame the action the way you want
The micro-blogging service mentioned Aviary, which, according to Aviary’s website, provides developers with “a robust, customizable photo editor that can be plugged into apps,” will power the photo filters.
The Android version of the new Twitter app went live on Google Play yesterday, while today’s iOS update also includes unspecified tweaks and fixes.
- Price Matching the $149 iPhone 5: RadioShack, Target, Walmart, and even Apple Stores are in
- Review: Moleskine’s $30 Evernote Large Ruled Smart Notebook for iOS (and giveaway!)
- Yahoo! Mail, Find My iPhone, Angry Birds, 1Password 4, Pokédex, Fantastical, Shazam, price drops, and more
- Google CEO Larry Page on Apple: ‘Can we all just get along?’