Our usual list of newly released and updated apps below. 9to5Toys also shares 15% off iTunes gift cards (All denominations available) + free shipping to get your downloading started.
Tesla Model S: Users over on the Tesla forums noticed last night that the official Tesla Model S iPhone app has now made its way onto the App Store, at least in the US. The app will let Tesla Model S owners check, stop and start charging progress in real time, turn on heating and cooling, locate their vehicle, lock and unlock the car, and more.
– Check charging progress in real time and start or stop charge
– Heat or cool Model S before driving — even if it’s in a garage
– Locate Model S with directions or track its movement across a map
– Flash lights or honk the horn to find Model S when parked
– Vent or close the panoramic roof
– Lock or unlock from afar
Tweetbot for Twitter (iPhone) version 2.7: One of the more popular Twitter iOS clients gets an update today that adds the ability to open links in Chrome and 1Password, as well as support for inline images from Vine and Flickr and a number of other new features.
– Added the ability to open links in Chrome and 1Password
– Added inline image support for Flickr
– Added inline image support for Vine
– Better support for muting Tweets with URLs
– Various bug fixes
– Still no jokes in the release notes
Skype for iPad version 4.5: Skype iPad app was updated today with a few welcomed new features. First, users in United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, France, and Estonia will now be able to add money to their Skype account directly from the app. The release notes also said the app now “automatically reconnects a dropped call when your wifi or mobile network reception is poor.” More new features and fixes below:
✓ Skype automatically reconnects a dropped call when your wifi or mobile network reception is poor
✓ Add money to your Skype account directly from the app to send SMS or call mobiles and landlines worldwide. Currently available in United States, United Kingdom, France, Sweden and Estonia.
✓ A simple swipe from the left of the screen opens your recent conversations in a new sidebar
✓ General fixes
One-to-one chats now appear in the correct order
XFINITY Connect version 4.1.1: The XFINITY Connect mobile app today gets full support for iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod touch as well as the usual performance enhancements and bug fixes:
– Improved support for iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) screen size
– Performance Improvements
– Fixed issues with refresh
– Bug fixes
Simple operation thanks to modern, functional design
***FLIGHT STATUS BY PUSH MESSAGE***
Current flight information by push message
Save your passport or visa details in the app
Current Lufthansa offers
*** Optimised for iPhone 5***
***Minor bug fixes***
– Edit pin
– Comment deletion
– Performance improvements
– Bug fixes
WordPress version 3.4: WordPress brings push notifications and much more to its mobile app:
New: Notifications for WordPress.com blogs and self-hosted with the Jetpack plugin.
★ Get Push Notifications for everything happening on your blog.
★ View, moderate, and reply to Comments from one screen – independent of blog.
★ View comment threads and easily access the original post.
★ Know about new Notifications instantly regardless of where you are in the app.
★ Set Push Notification settings for each notification type, and select which blogs you want to receive notifications on in the Settings panel.
★ WordPress.com blogs: get notifications about Likes, Reblogs, Follows, and Badges/Stats Highlights.
• Subtitles: Over 90 languages available directly from our new video player, or over AirPlay
• Translations: Browse a curated TED catalog in your preferred language
• Speed: New talks and downloads get to your device quicker than ever
• Improved videos: Faster buffering and more profiles for different connection speeds
Logged in users can now sync their reading progress across devices!