ESPN is launching a new app today called ESPN SportsCenter, which actually replaces the old ScoreCenter app with a redesign and all new features. The app does much of what the old app did, offering real-time updates on scores for the biggest sporting events of the day, as well as breaking news, analysis, notifications, and more. You’ll also be able to add your favorite teams to customize your experience and the new app introduces a new Favorites feature for quickly accessing news and scores for the teams you want to keep up with most often.
The new ESPN SportsCenter app also includes a new Clubhouses feature that includes all content for every team and league, an Inbox for getting personalized content such as news and alerts, and enhanced game pages that feature “New native sharing and one-click GameCast access.” Also new in the app is ESPN Now, a feature that lets users get real-time scores and updates from social networks.
In addition, the new SportsCenter app has been given a number of enhancements to search and overall performance.
The free ESPN SportsCenter app is available for iPhone now.
What’s New in Version 4.0.0
– ScoreCenter is now SportsCenter
– Speed: Faster than Calvin Johnson going deep
– Favorites: Your team news and scores in an instant
– Clubhouses: Content central for every team and league under the sun
– ESPN Now: Your one-stop-shop for real-time scores and social updates
– Inbox: A dedicated home for personalized content from news to alerts to scores
– Enhanced Game Pages: New native sharing and one-click GameCast access
– Search: Easily navigate to teams, leagues, and sports to view content or add to favorites