Anki Drive got the ultimate endorsement last summer when Apple allowed the company to demonstrate its product on stage at its WWDC conference. For those unfamiliar, Anki Drive is a platform that allows hardware cars to be raced around a track and controlled wirelessly with an iOS device. Today, the company updated its iOS app with a host of new features, upgrades, and customization options. With today’s update, players can now take advantage of 20 new upgrade options, in addition to be able to further customize their car.
One of the coolest new features in this update is the ability for the drivers to exchange upgrades on their car. Another new option is available to store upgrades in an “Armory” for use later on.
The full change log is below:
- Expanded upgrade system - Enter the Garage and customize the new Combat, Chassis, Engine, and Energy Systems. Choose your path, buy & sell upgrades, and level up!
- New weapons and support items - Arm yourself with the all new EMP, Reverse Drive, Horn, and Kinetic Brake. Remember: swipe left & right on the triggers during gameplay to switch weapons.
- The Armory has moved - Each vehicle now has it’s own set of Weapons and Support Items. Configure them via the Armory in the Garage.
- Earn bounties - Earn greater rewards for defeating stronger opponents. The higher a vehicle’s Level, the more bounty you earn for defeating it!
- Vehicle software updates - Once updated, vehicles can use the new Upgrade Systems. All existing purchases have been refunded, and you’ll get even more points for each vehicle you update in the Garage.
- Smarter AI - Think you can beat the AI on hard? We sure don’t… especially with our recent improvements. It’s smarter than ever. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Improvements throughout the game - Enhancements and fixes make it even more fun to play.