iOS-7-1-1-update

Following our report earlier this month that Apple was preparing to deliver a bug fix in an upcoming iOS 7.1.1 update, today the update is going live as an over-the-air update for iOS users. Apple’s release notes say the update includes “improvements, bug fixes and security updates” including enhancements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition and fixes for keyboard responsiveness and Bluetooth keyboards used with VoiceOver:

This update contains improvements, bug fixes and security updates, including:

• Further improvements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition
  • Fixes a bug that could impact keyboard responsiveness
  • Fixes an issue when using Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled
  • For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

The update, iOS 7.1.1 (Build 11D201), is available now for iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4 or later, and fifth-gen iPod touch through Software Update in Settings.

The last release, iOS 7.1, was released in March with user-interface tweaks, a new calendar view, and CarPlay support.

22 Responses to “Apple releases iOS 7.1.1 update with Touch ID, keyboard improvements, bug fixes”

1. why they ignoring and not fixing Personal Hotspot issue? not able to save APN settings

2. crichton007 says:

This finally got the red app bade to disappear from my iPad Mini. It’s like it was telling me there was an update but I had already downloaded it. For me iOS 7 finally got good with 7.1. Enough that I’m thinking of not updating to iOS 8 until 8.1 is available.

• iOS 7 was crappy up till 7.1 because it was rushed code for the big redesign everyone was clamoring for. The betas for 7 were an utter mess right up until release. iOS 8 will likely be way more stable. Beta comes out at wwdc so you’ll be hearing about how stable that is before the update comes out.

3. Wow, touch-id is superfast indeed!

4. Rich Brooks says:

I wish they would update itunes and fix wifi sync over the 5 ghz channel!

5. Please tell me they put full screen pictures back to the caller ID screen….

• lexxkoto says:

Yes, they have totally changed this. Because Apple always use tiny changes in version number to make big user interface changes. Especially to undo things they’ve just changed.

• Apologies if my ignorance offended you. I like apple, I think they strive to bring great experience and superb design to their fans. I think the Caller ID change wasnt for the better and so I hope they will be big enough to either reverse it or provide full picture design as an option. Do you like the change?

• lexxkoto says:

I wouldn’t know. I don’t get many phone calls. I think it’s because of my “I know best” attitude. But hey, it worked for Steve Jobs.

6. I hope they will bring back full screen caller ID for incoming calls :(

7. David Hope says:

I hope this will improve battery life. Ever since I downloaded 7.1 on my iPhone 5 the battery life has sucked!! Definitely shorter than previous!! I’m hoping 7.1.1 fixes this issue!

8. weakguy says:

Guess what? This update somehow reset my iPhone completely and I’m forced to restore it. This is ridiculous…

9. I’m stuck with iTunes icon and charger cable showing on screen. Have left plugged in for a few hours and nothing us happening. Tried resetting the phone and it just comes back on at thus screen. Help!!!!!!

10. Bob Ethier says:

I think it sucks, every ten minutes or so I lose internet connection. Never did it until I downloaded it now all the time. I wish I’d never accepted the update.

11. My Wireless option seems to have been frozen, has this happened to anybody after the update?

12. steverp says:

My Touch ID was working perfectly before this update (which ironically includes Touch ID ‘improvements’), but now it rarely works. Battery life still woeful.