Burberry Group Plc CEO Angela Ahrendts At The London Stock Exchange

After being on the job for approximately a month and a half, new Apple Senior VP of Retail and Online Stores Angela Ahrendts has sent her first memo to Apple Retail employees. In the memo, Ahrendts discusses Apple’s culture, her visits to stores thus far, and her plans for the future.

“I have spent most of my time getting to know and understand the many functions and teams in Cupertino, along with our short and long term initiatives. I was thrilled to meet many of you at stores in San Francisco and London this month, and I’m looking forward to Tokyo and the Omotesando opening,” Ahrendts said. “Every couple of weeks, we will be visiting stores across the world to see and learn what we do best and hear your thoughts about opportunities ahead,” she added.

We previously profiled Ahrendts plans for transforming Apple retail with a new end-to-end sales experience, mobile payment initiatives, and an increased emphasis on the Chinese consumer. Today’s memo from Ahrendts to employees reiterates many of these points…

“Looking forward to the future, I feel our greatest opportunity will be continuing to focus on and evolve the consumer journey online and in our stores. Although technology is rapidly changing how customers shop, they will still want to feel surprised and delighted by the personalized Apple experience we provide at every turn,” Ahrendts wrote. “That’s what makes us unique. Keeping the customer experience as simple as any other Apple product will also be critical as we expand into new markets, integrate our platforms, and develop new technologies,” she added.

Ahrendts began her work at Apple on May 1st after serving for many years as the CEO of Burberry. She replaces former Apple retail chief John Browett and brings with her an understanding of the Apple culture that many Apple retail employees are already appreciating. As one Apple retail director recently said, “she is so Apple.” You can read Ahrendts’ full memo to Apple retail staff, sent to us by a source, below:

Ahrendts

34 Responses to “Angela Ahrendts’ first memo to Apple Retail employees: ‘together we will continue to enrich lives and communities’”

1. The funniest part of this being that many of us will read the internal Apple memo before many of the Apple employees will… Lol.

2. Tom Hohmann says:

My experiences at Apple Retail Stores is limited to the Victoria Gardens store in California. But I have to say I have been treated first class by all the employees and the repairs, advice, etc., I have gotten from them. The employees are super! And, even waiting is pleasant, with all the “toys” (New Macs, etc.) there to play with at the tables. Very clever sales tactic!! Wanted to buy one right there!!! Been an Apple user for almost 30 years now, still as happy with my Apple(s) as ever. At least one in every room, sometimes three or more! :)

3. I’ve been in the Apple Stores in Marlton, NJ (Sagemore), Cherry Hill, NJ, and Philadelphia, PA (Walnut Street). Every time has been amazing. Of course the Sagemore store in Marlton is my favorite though as I’ve bought almost all my gear there and have gone there every time I’ve had an issue with my MacBook. I can’t think of what they could do to add on to the excellent service they have already but I can’t wait to see.

4. Pretty cool for kid from around the corner from me… New Pal, Ball State Cardinal.

5. someone knows her mail?

6. rogifan says:

Seems like Apple has a leak problem that Tim needs to deal with.v

7. herb02135go says:

I hope she goes to the local store and fires the staff.
    They are just one reason I switched to a Samsung phone. The phone is much better, too.

• Enjoy your Samsung stores!
      Oh wait

• herb02135go says:

I am enjoying my Samsung phone. Larger, better display. Multitasking, expandable storage and a battery I can replace easily.

And I don’t have to put up with the dicks at the Apple Store.

Enjoy your waiting in line for a shiny phone with last year’s features.

Trolls.

• irelandjnr says:

Quit your lying Samsung employee. A learn better Engrish.

Not a racist comment. You can just tell when these comments are written by a faker.

• irelandjnr says:

> I am enjoying my Samsung phone.

All those “bloop, bloop” sounds ^_^?

> Larger, better display.

Less accurate colours by far, but yes it’s larger (though not for long).

> Multitasking

And. Did you ever use an iPhone?

> expandable storage

What year are you from?

> and a battery I can replace easily.

Well, whoop-di-doo. And a shitty plastic phone with a fingerprint sensor that doesn’t work. And a 32 bit processors. And apps that aren’t half as polished as those on iOS. And a far worse games selection. And no huge selection of great creative music apps. And a phone created by a useless copycat company who’d burn their own momma if they thought they’d get away with it. Buy crap, support crap, by crap.

> And I don’t have to put up with the dicks at the Apple Store.

You’re a dick man?

> BTW you should check some I the Samsung websites if you want examples of what Apple will be copying next.

“some I the”

Your grammar screams Samsung employee. Gosh you’re pathetic. Go hang out on a Samsung blog if you love their products so much and quit talking out of your ass.

> Enjoy your waiting in line for a shiny phone with last year’s features.

You’re pathetic. Nice fingerprint scanner btw, shame it doesn’t work. I’ll sell you my old 5s when I upgrade to 6s if you can wait around. At least then you can scan your finger and see what the print of a liar looks like.

8. Eli Matar says:

God… Whats the deal with the “enriching” thing?
    Ive heard this word a million times already.
    Stop with the enriching thing.

9. Arch Angel says:

She looks like Tim Cook in a wig, in fact the more I look the more I am sure it’s him.

10. exapple says:

Translation: “Enough with the unsolicited email, you peons! I have more important things to do than read your drivel!”

(Apple execs always couch their annoyance with politeness — much like British royalty)

11. drtyrell969 says:

LOL. “Worthless cliche trite feel-good email. CHECK!”

12. Oflife says:

Pretty much every other electronics vendor should learn from Apple. Here in the UK, dealing with Samsung, Sony etc is a nightmare. The (franchised) Sony showrooms were expensive and staffed by disinterested rude intellectually limited individuals, whilst trying to get support from Samsung is just not worth it. LG were a lot better in my experience.

But I’ve never left an Apple Store with any anger in my bones. I do wish they offered coffee but I guess keyboard spillage would be risked.

13. Maybe #Apple can now find a way to correct orders instead of trying to ignore my plea to correct it. Then trying to force me to take that wrong order. Its not like apple did not know as I spent three hours pleading to correct the order the very next afternoon the order was made.. Apple Case 646350935 and Order number W212697530