Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 9.58.00 AM

Apple has just released iOS 8 beta 3 build number 12A4318c to developers for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The update is available in Software Update using the over-the-air update tool. Apple says the new beta brings various bug fixes and improvements. We’ll be updating this post as changes are found. You can send us what you find at tips@9to5Mac.com.

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 10.31.03 AM

- Toggle for Handoff on iOS 8 beta 3

IMG_8579

- Setup toggles for App Analytics and upgrading from Documents in the Cloud to iCloud Drive.

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 10.34.36 AM

- A few new wallpapers on iPad and iPhone

- UI tweaks in Weather

- Shared Photo Streams are now called Shared Albums

- QuickType is now an option in Settings

- Option to automatically keep photos and videos sent/recieved in Messages

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 10.46.08 AM

- Tweaked Clear button in Notification Center

- Battery usage statistics screen now only shows data collected since the last full charge

- New Apple TV, Find my Friends, and Find my iPhone betas also out:

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 10.52.45 AM

77 Responses to “Apple releases iOS 8 beta 3 to developers”

1. juancastim135 says:

About time!

2. iPhone 5s with Beta 2 Installed needs 388 MB for me =)

3. Petr Homoky says:

What about Yosemity?

4. Alex Simkin says:

If it stops app resetting (Mailbox, Google Now etc. all reset themselves every so often) and the return of Voice Control then I might use it. I had to go back to iOS 7 because beta 2 was so buggy.

• mindflayer says:

You were able to roll back? DFU did not work for me.

• Ryan Pesso says:

First connect your phone into iTunes and eject it, then hold down the home button and sleep button for 10 seconds, then let go of the sleep button while continuing to hold the home button until the phone pops up in iTunes. Hit restore and it goes to the latest iOS 7. It’s a sneaky trick.

• mindflayer says:

Thanks, Ryan. That worked like a charm. (As to why I would be running a beta on my primary phone? Company didn’t give me a second phone on which to test our apps…)

• i tried the same way as it enters DFU mode but upon restore, it restored back to iOS 8.
        I had to try for a few hours to get it to sync to my music list again yesterday and Whatsapp is still crashing upon launch…

• Alex Simkin says:

Yeah – I got into DFU mode and then the rollback worked fine. Only annoying part is that the iOS 8 iCloud backup couldn’t be used, so I had to use a month old, iOS 7 computer backup.

5. Yosemite Preview 3 and Find My Friends 4 is outs well…

6. Downloading,

Will post updates

7. That was a long wait. So much broken software.

8. The time to wait for a finished installation of beta 3 is harder then the 3 weeks of waiting for release xD

9. 2.7GB of space needed to update… can’t update via iTunes… How am I suppose to update without deleting everything on my iPhone god

10. does anyone know if the bug with whatsapp was fixed ?

• oscaralaniz says:

IMHO I don’t think an iOS update will fix WhatsApp, because I think the problem is how WhatsApp communicates with iCloud. So, we have to wait for a WhatsApp update.

• saschamichi says:

@vaidymohan: If I understand you correctly, can I just make a backup of my iPhone 5 in iTunes, upgrade to iOS 8 beta 3, transfer the data back to my iPhone and turn off that “Backup to iCloud” option to make WhatsApp work properly?

11. The update doesn’t show up in Settings, it says iOS 8 beta 1 is up-to-date.
    Is this because I can’t update from 1 to 3 ?

12. Jana Kaye says:

can’t wait for the updates!!

13. There is also a little slider indicator (like the one at the top of the lock screen) indicating that you can swipe to show the predictive text in the keyboard (at least on iPad… my phone is not done updating yet).

14. Now FaceTime call history can filter video call and voice calls

15. Yuma Mori says:

I’ve managed to downloaded the firmware OTA on my iPhone 5 and its telling me to install but all it does is reboot and when it reboots it tells me that iOS 8.0 beta 3 is now available, and just the same thing happens.

Can someone please help me?

16. 1 – Keyboard auto complition is now not covering the text field
    2 – whatsapp swipe back while keyboard is open is a little glitchy, but now will not disapear the keyboard
    3 – whatsapp hasnt been fixed yet
    4 – on doubletap the home button, the last contacts who doesnt have image, now dont have a transparent background, but a defined color.
    5 – New WPs

17. handoff all your devices? old mac 2?

18. gunny1234 says:

So if they are releasing new software for Apple TV can we still expect a hardware refresh this Fall? Or should I just buy a 3rd Gen. Apple TV for now?

19. Hmmmmmmm. Weirdly mine just says “Update requested” but hasn’t actually started updating even though I’m on wifi. Turned of wifi and tried again on LTE, same resile. “Update Requested”…

20. Zoheb Khan says:

new tweaked cancel button on lock screen !!

21. Delete notification with the swipe is now an icon.

22. izzyah says:

You can now make and receive calls from your iPad.

23. IF STUCK/FREEZING FROM UPDATE TO Beta 2 -> Beta 3 TRY THIS

Found my solution. Just “Reset All Settings”, then let it reboot, then connect to a WiFi network and then go to “General”->”Software Update” and it should begin updating to iOS 8 beta 3.

24. Anyone else having issues in ipad with the keyboard only appearing at the top of the screen. Really makes my iPad useless until the next beta…

25. HELP! How can i retrieve documents i had create using Numbers now i’ve updated to iCloud Drive?

26. Registering UDID for iOS8 at iosforall.com for only $5!

27. AJ Abundez says:

I have iOS 8 beta 1 running and have yet to see any updates in my settings for iOS 2 or 3…help please!

28. Rulo Flores says:

Made a clean install.. And I cant send images on Whatsapp, and I cant see images on the the Facebook app… weird.

29. iJonni says:

Why is the battery usage statistics now only for last time since charge? I truly appreciated last 7 days and last 24 hours. now this is only as useful as previous usage statistics…

30. after upgrading to iOS 8 I got a weird photo album that appeared underneath the recently added that’s titled 214471290 and I’m not sure what that’s about… my recently added has 465 photos and the 214471290 album has 540 photos. Any thoughts?

31. Anyone else having issues installing this? For some reason, mine just says verifying update for a few seconds and just reboots back into beta 2 telling me that iOS 8.0 beta 3 is available to install. Kind of annoying to say the least.

32. With this issue I’m having, would it be possible for my phone to redownload the update and then install it again?

33. Apple Releases iOS 8 Beta 3 For Developers Detailed review